Phone task on galaxy s4 starting on its own, draining battery

A

AC Question

When I'm at work, my battery drains really fast. When I press and hold the home button, which brings up the tasks, the task running simply says "phone", when I'm not using the phone, nor have used it in some time. I'll kill the task, only for it to be there again, usually within 10 minutes. I work next door to a phone company, which has towers on the side of their building. The only time this "phone" task is running like this is when I'm at work. It does not have this task running normally. The only solution I've come up with thus far is just shutting the phone off while I'm at work, as there's no electrical outlet available for me to charge, and I hate using my car charger. Ive read other threads which gave instructions to change global network settings, etc. I've done all of that. No luck.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Just because you see Phone running in the background doesn't necessarily mean it's responsible for the battery drain. There are some other possibilities, most notably poor cell signal.

Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html