Will DTV001 screen mirror my Samsung Galaxy 4 to my older Samsung Smart TV that does not have screen mirroring technology? The Galaxy 4 is the only internet access in the home.
    If this will not work, please tell me. If this will work, please tell me in simple terms how to hook it up and configure it. I do NOT want to have to hook up the extras such as the keyboard etc. I hope all I need to hook up is the HDMI dongle.
    06-11-2015 07:15 AM
    Will DTV001 screen mirror my Samsung Galaxy 4 to my older Samsung Smart TV that does not have screen mirroring technology? The Galaxy 4 is the only internet access in the home.
    If this will not work, please tell me. If this will work, please tell me in simple terms how to hook it up and configure it. I do NOT want to have to hook up the extras such as the keyboard etc. I hope all I need to hook up is the HDMI dongle.
    Welcome to Android Central!

You can get a good deal on a Chromecast and mirror to it.
    06-11-2015 07:25 PM
    It won't work using Samsung screen mirroring on the Note 4, it will work using Chromecast. Install the Chromecast app. Buy a wifi router. (It doesn't have to be connected to the internet.) See Chromecast mirroring for instructions.

(The first time you set the Chromecast up, connect it to a TV where there is wifi internet access, because it's going to have to update itself over the internet. Then connect it to your TV at home and run the app on the Note 4. Make sure the router is running, because that's how the Note 4 talks to the Chromecast device.)
    06-11-2015 07:29 PM