Just bought an S5 with KitKat and did my best to avoid the incessant Lollipop update prompts. Luck would have it that while typing a message, I hit the 'update now' button. I've only installed the first part of the 2 part update - which doesn't seem to actually be Lollipop, just a prep. What would happen if I only install the first half? If I install the second, how solid is it on the S5 after a factory reset? I keep reading that most of the upgrade issues go away when you do that, and since my phone is pretty much still brand new - I wouldn't mind trying it
    06-12-2015 12:05 PM
    Just bought an S5 with KitKat and did my best to avoid the incessant Lollipop update prompts. Luck would have it that while typing a message, I hit the 'update now' button. I've only installed the first part of the 2 part update - which doesn't seem to actually be Lollipop, just a prep. What would happen if I only install the first half? If I install the second, how solid is it on the S5 after a factory reset? I keep reading that most of the upgrade issues go away when you do that, and since my phone is pretty much still brand new - I wouldn't mind trying it
    Welcome to Android Central!

You are on the right track. Do the second update and then the factory reset. You should be good to go after that.
    06-13-2015 05:16 PM