What to choose? s4 or no?

Isabella Tuce

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Hi

I have been using S3 for more than two years now and apart from some glitches(which I believe every phone has), I have never faced any problem with my S3. I love my phone. And although i use note 3 neo alongside, yet most of my job is done with my S3! And it has been so far a great companion. :)

But point is it has aged. And i want to upgrade. And I really like the display and the overall feel of the S4! So what i want to know is, should i go for it? Or should I stick to my S3 and wait for a descent Galaxy to launch?

I can't decide. Need your help!

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi

I have been using S3 for more than two years now and apart from some glitches(which I believe every phone has), I have never faced any problem with my S3. I love my phone. And although i use note 3 neo alongside, yet most of my job is done with my S3! And it has been so far a great companion. :)

But point is it has aged. And i want to upgrade. And I really like the display and the overall feel of the S4! So what i want to know is, should i go for it? Or should I stick to my S3 and wait for a descent Galaxy to launch?

I can't decide. Need your help!

Have you looked in to maybe upgrading to the S6?

Isabella Tuce

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
I have the S6 and can say it is 100X better than the S4. Really great phone with and awesome camera and software experience.

Really?? It doesn't have any lags or software issues at all ?

My S3 is bit of a laggy now since Android phones tend to become slow with apps installed! So no surprise there. Although I am satisfied with my S3.

But Since it has aged, I would love to upgrade if only i get a descent one to replace it. :)

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Really?? It doesn't have any lags or software issues at all ?

My S3 is bit of a laggy now since Android phones tend to become slow with apps installed! So no surprise there. Although I am satisfied with my S3.

But Since it has aged, I would love to upgrade if only i get a descent one to replace it. :)

S6 compared you the S4 is really no comparison. The S4 was just not a great phone in my opinion. The S6 has been one of the fastest phones I have had and I have had a lot of phones. Best thing is to go to the store and try it out. To pick the S4 over the S6 is just not something I would ever do but that is me. The S6 software runs very smooth with Lollipop and the camera is hands down one of the best of there.

Isabella Tuce

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
S6 compared you the S4 is really no comparison. The S4 was just not a great phone in my opinion. The S6 has been one of the fastest phones I have had and I have had a lot of phones. Best thing is to go to the store and try it out. To pick the S4 over the S6 is just not something I would ever do but that is me. The S6 software runs very smooth with Lollipop and the camera is hands down one of the best of there.

hmm. That sounds right. I should drop in the store and check the phones to know what I would like to have.

You have made my mind thinking over the S6! Might pick it instead, if it fits my preference. :)

Thanks much for the help! 😊

Plus-can you tell me how is the battery backup? How long would it last in one charge?

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
hmm. That sounds right. I should drop in the store and check the phones to know what I would like to have.

You have made my mind thinking over the S6! Might pick it instead, if it fits my preference. :)

Thanks much for the help! ??????

Plus-can you tell me how is the battery backup? How long would it last in one charge?

From someone who has had the S3, S4, S5 and now the S6 I would highly recommend the S6 - it out performs the S4 in every category. You won't regret it and you will notice a major difference coming from the S3

the battery on the S6 is good, not great but good and if you managed to last on the S3 battery this phone will blow you out the water :) I've had no issues with the battery, it has lasted me all day from 7am to 11pm and I still have about 40% left

Naveen Prasad

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
S4 is really not a good phone to buy considering you're bound to keep it for a long time. It has several glitches. Many of my friends bought and sold it immediately within a month and either got a note or a iPhone. But S6 is very different. It's actually a pretty good mobile for day to day usage with excellent battery life.!!

Sent from my D6502 using Tapatalk

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

Thanks much for the help! ??????

The battery life is good but it all depends on how you use it yourself. I can say that I can go all day with moderate use. The plus side to the phone is that it has Quick Charging so you can basically charge the phone up is under 2 hours I believe. I have purchased 3 Quick Chargers myself and have them all over. I can go from 50% to 100% in a 30 minute car ride with my Quick Charge car charger.

Isabella Tuce

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
The battery life is good but it all depends on how you use it yourself. I can say that I can go all day with moderate use. The plus side to the phone is that it has Quick Charging so you can basically charge the phone up is under 2 hours I believe. I have purchased 3 Quick Chargers myself and have them all over. I can go from 50% to 100% in a 30 minute car ride with my Quick Charge car charger.

Sorry for replying late! But was kind of busy. Plus I looked around the phones in the store and agree that S6 feels good in hand! 😊

It looks nice and feels solid.

BTW what are your thoughts about Samsung A7? The storeboy was suggesting me to go for it. The phone looked good and is elegant. Can you tell me how is it in real life function?

I am a heavy browser. Plus I do a lot..like a lot of docu writing, so need comfort of typing. Plus although I'm not an app junky, but I use couple of apps those are important for my day to day usage. And hence, I want,no matter which phone I choose, atleast to run easy, the phone should not lag for uploading apps, as you know with time they tend to become demanding! 😒

And the quick charge you mentioned is really helpful. I am not a gamer. But I use my phone more for official reasons that includes docu exchange and all that. And also for socializing. And that's why I need a good battery backup and hackle free experience! :)

Isabella Tuce

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
From someone who has had the S3, S4, S5 and now the S6 I would highly recommend the S6 - it out performs the S4 in every category. You won't regret it and you will notice a major difference coming from the S3

the battery on the S6 is good, not great but good and if you managed to last on the S3 battery this phone will blow you out the water :) I've had no issues with the battery, it has lasted me all day from 7am to 11pm and I still have about 40% left

wow that sounds remarkably good!! :D

My S3 does so so in battery department, but I can live with it. Anything below that would be a strict no no. 😐

I am highly tempted to pick S6 now! Just a little bit of consideration,then I might just take it. 😊

Thanks for the info! 😊

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze