Hi,

I've just bought an S5 which has downloaded but not installed the Lollipop update. I don't wish to install this update given the problems that other people are reporting with it. If I did a factory reset on the phone, would it get rid of the Lollipop update?

If so, then my plan is to untick all the options that automatically search for & download updates, hopefully this will prevent the update from downloading again. Will this work? Any thought would be much appreciated.

Jay
    06-13-2015 05:41 AM
    Hi,

I've just bought an S5 which has downloaded but not installed the Lollipop update. I don't wish to install this update given the problems that other people are reporting with it. If I did a factory reset on the phone, would it get rid of the Lollipop update?

If so, then my plan is to untick all the options that automatically search for & download updates, hopefully this will prevent the update from downloading again. Will this work? Any thought would be much appreciated.

Jay

Welcome to Android Central!

Even if you factory rest the first thing the phone will do when you setup is search for an update. The only way you can really prevent OTA updates is being rooted and using an app to stop the phone from looking for the OTA update.
    06-15-2015 09:15 AM