Nexus 10
    Somehow updated to 5.0.2 automatically. When this happened... it broke the device. It boots to dead android screen with red triangle. Tried sideloading via adb the 5.1 update. This fails verification error in the system.img for some item.

I have downloaded the system.img file for 5.0.2. Flashboot can't put the system.img on the device because it is locked.

If I unlock, I lose data. I don't want to lose data. I want to put system.img on device without losing data.

There has to be a way to do this.

More: adb sideload verification fails when trying to update from 5.0.2 to 5.1. A update push broke the device. So I figure the only way to fix is to replace the bad file--system.img. The device is locked. I do NOT want to unlock it. I do not want to wipe the data. I do not want to lose my wife's information. How do I load the system.img without losing data by having to unlock first?
    06-13-2015 06:26 PM
    Nexus 10
    Somehow updated to 5.0.2 automatically. When this happened... it broke the device. It boots to dead android screen with red triangle. Tried sideloading via adb the 5.1 update. This fails verification error in the system.img for some item.

I have downloaded the system.img file for 5.0.2. Flashboot can't put the system.img on the device because it is locked.

If I unlock, I lose data. I don't want to lose data. I want to put system.img on device without losing data.

There has to be a way to do this.

More: adb sideload verification fails when trying to update from 5.0.2 to 5.1. A update push broke the device. So I figure the only way to fix is to replace the bad file--system.img. The device is locked. I do NOT want to unlock it. I do not want to wipe the data. I do not want to lose my wife's information. How do I load the system.img without losing data by having to unlock first?
    Welcome to Android Central!

Have you tried ADB pushing the version before the update 5.0.1 to see if it accepts that?
    06-16-2015 08:24 AM