Can I save my pictures and videos?

A

AC Question

I have a Droid Mini that accidentally fell into the toilet (don't ask lol). I tried putting it in rice for 3 days, used a hairdryer on it, tried the soft start (volume up and power button together), tried charging it through my computer, and even tried putting it in the refrigerator for a day. I don't even get an indicator light to come on. The devise is sealed, so I cannot access the battery. I know that I've seen the message, "Backing up to the Cloud" come on, but am embarrassed to admit that I haven't a CLUE what it is or how to use it. :/ Is there any hope of retrieving any of my pictures or videos?? HELP!!!

Giovanni Nicotera

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Hi
you continue to put the smartphone in the rice. Rest it all whole nigth. Don't use the hairdryer: it shove the wather in depth, dameging the components the your smartphone. You can to use granules silica for to soak up the water. When you to do this operation, close the smartphone and don't use it. Maybe, after some attempts, your smartphone will turn on, and you will save all pictures/videos.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Read Oh, no! My Phone got Wet!.

I have a Droid Mini that accidentally fell into the toilet (don't ask lol). I tried putting it in rice for 3 days
First mistake.

used a hairdryer on it
Second mistake.

tried the soft start (volume up and power button together)
Third mistake.

tried charging it
Fatal mistake.

tried putting it in the refrigerator for a day
Totally irrelevant, except that you slowed down any destruction still going on inside the phone for one day.

I know that I've seen the message, "Backing up to the Cloud" come on, but am embarrassed to admit that I haven't a CLUE what it is or how to use it. :/ Is there any hope of retrieving any of my pictures or videos?? HELP!!!
If you know which cloud account you had your phone set to back up to, they're all still there. But we can't guess - there are too many possibilities, and it might have been only 1 app that was backing up.

With your next phone (this one is electronic salvage by now), put in the same Google account (not the email account - that's irrelevant at the moment) and, by default, it should sync any contacts and pictures you had the dead phone set up to sync. From there, you can try to figure out what other "cloud account" which app may have been backing up to.

("The cloud" refers to places like Google Drive, Dropbox, Mega, etc., where you can back your files up "on the internet".)

From now on, remember - any file not backed up to at least 2 separate destinations is a file you don't need. Phones can be replaced, data can't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC