After Lollipop update, my Verizon Galaxy S4's general notification sound will not change. It says in the setting menu that I have the one I want selected, but no matter which one I select it always plays that ridiculously annoying whistle sound.

Email notifications are fine.
    Text notifications are fine.
    Ringtones are fine.

Notification from apps and games play the damned whistle.
    Although, apps that have their own sounds play the correct sound. e.g. Ingress plays its own sound when notifying me but Clash of Clans plays the stupid whistle.

I have checked the application settings inside the app and within the android settings and none of the offending apps have sound options
    I have tried moving the files from the SD card onto the phone storage... nothing
    I have tried changing the file name the sounds are stored in to not have capital letters (read it on a different forum)... nothing
    I did a full factory reset... nothing

If I hear that MF'n whistle one more time I'm going to test the aerodynamic capabilities of the Galaxy S4 while traveling at 75mph on the freeway.
    06-14-2015 09:03 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! That would drive me bonkers as well.

When you choose a different tone, is it one of the preinstalled tones, or one of your custom tones? If you haven't tried already, select one of the preinstalled tones and see if it still uses the mf'n whistle.
    06-15-2015 01:01 AM