This happened overnight, I am unsure of the cause, but when I looked at my phone this morning it was displaying the startup screen. It was perfectly fine about three hours prior.

I have tried replacing and charging the battery. I also tried connecting it to my computer and it wouldn't acknowledge the phone. It did make the screen do this though!
    http ://i58.tinypic.com/rmtik6. jpg

...Which is also all it will do now.

Tried to start in safe mode, but the phone won't let me. After the screen went white I tried connecting it to the computer again, the computer gave me 'installing driver' notifications but wouldn't give me options to access the files on the phone.

I've also tried the steps mentioned in post #16 of this thread, Kies won't even acknowledge my phone, it just says 'connecting' and won't progress.
    http: //forums. androidcentral.com/android-4-1-4-2-4-3-jelly-bean/332286-galaxy-s3-frozen-samsung-start-screen-after-software-update.html

Really hoping I could save some photos and videos I took yesterday, (last backup was three days ago - typically) I'm guessing at this point though the best I could hope for is wiping the phone and at least getting it working again, even if I do lose those files.

You guys know more about this, I just want to check that I'm not missing anything. Any help would be really, really appreciated.

Thank you
    06-14-2015 09:44 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Unfortunately, it sounds like a major failure, probably of the motherboard. There might not be much you can do. Bring it to a repair shop if you want to try saving it.
    Guntherx likes this.
    06-15-2015 12:53 AM
    So this doesn't at all sound like the kind of thing I'd easily be able to retrieve my data from, if at all.
    06-16-2015 03:56 AM
    Unfortunately, that's correct.
    Guntherx likes this.
    06-16-2015 11:07 PM
    Bugger, thank you so much for your help. It does help to at least have a certain answer.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    06-17-2015 07:49 AM