My S5 will not do ANYTHING!? help please

A

AC Question

okay well first off, im not sure what android version my samsung is on. but i stopped using it because the battery drained so fast and i always had to have it on the charger and bought a iphone 5s and it got ran over the other day, and im broke at the moment so i cant go get another phone. i can't even buy an oem charger for the galaxy s5 because it has the weird charger or whatever and the dog chewed mine up when i first got it and i used the old galaxy charger and it worked just perfectly. but yeah this phone has been dead and in my dresser for 5 or 6 months just sitting there not being used. i went and searched everywhere around here for a oem samsung cahrger for s5 but nowhere had them. and i cant order it off ebay cause i litterally have no money on my debit card but anways i tried plugging it up to a wall outlout with 3 or 4 different boxes or whatever. and ive tried different usb cables. ive pluged it up to my latop. ive held down all the buttons simutaniously un done the phone battery ive beat my phone on the table to unstick home button. it does not have a sim card in it. ive tried all the little tricks that are on the internet and i need to know what else i should do. it worked fine other than the battery dieing quick. its been on the charger for a hour and a half to 2 hours right now and no lights no vibrations no nothing. it has the stock 3.85 battery but i checked the volts with a meter and its only reading 2.63 volts, im not sure what to do next other than burn this thing. somebody please god help me before i loose my mind

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Well, that's a string of bad luck.:(

Any charging cable ought to work on the phone. Make sure you plug it into a wall outlet and let it charge undisturbed for at least 4-6 hours, because a battery that has discharged deeply may take several hours to regain enough charge to even power on. If it still doesn't power on after 4-6 hours of constant charging, then the battery itself may be dead, since discharging to absolute zero is irreversible for lithium batteries. In this case, get a new battery.

Once you get things working, show us some battery stats so we can try to figure out the problem with the battery drain. Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma