Need help w/ Galaxy s5 active!! It went black and won't work

• Thread starter Morelock needs help
  • Start date
M

Morelock needs help

i recently bought a Samsung Galaxy s5 active. It is only 6 months old and very well taken care of. But today after sending a text it went completely black. It will not charge or turn on. I put my battery in my wifes phone and it worked in hers but her battery still didn't help mine. how do i reset it? is still under the manufactures warranty but I don't want to the without a phone for 3 to 4 weeks after I send it in. can anyone help me

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
i recently bought a Samsung Galaxy s5 active. It is only 6 months old and very well taken care of. But today after sending a text it went completely black. It will not charge or turn on. I put my battery in my wifes phone and it worked in hers but her battery still didn't help mine. how do i reset it? is still under the manufactures warranty but I don't want to the without a phone for 3 to 4 weeks after I send it in. can anyone help me

Welcome to Android Central!

Sounds like something maybe shorted out. Have you tried taking it to your carrier to see if they can repair it or replace it?