So I tried rooting my Virgin Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 and during the process something went wrong and my phone wound up being at the "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in kies & try again." screen. I followed an online guide on how to fix this by flashing my phone with Odin. I successfully managed to flash my Virgin Mobile phone to a Sprint phone and I am able to Call and Text. The issue is that I am unable to use mobile data outside of wifi now. Is there a Virgin Mobile S3 Firmware out there? I have been unable to find one. Any other suggestions or am I doomed to never have data? Also on the note of possibly changing phones now.. How comparable is the Volt to the S3? Is it an upgrade/downgrade? The S5 just seems to be outrageously priced.
    06-15-2015 04:04 AM
    So I tried rooting my Virgin Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 and during the process something went wrong and my phone wound up being at the "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in kies & try again." screen. I followed an online guide on how to fix this by flashing my phone with Odin. I successfully managed to flash my Virgin Mobile phone to a Sprint phone and I am able to Call and Text. The issue is that I am unable to use mobile data outside of wifi now. Is there a Virgin Mobile S3 Firmware out there? I have been unable to find one. Any other suggestions or am I doomed to never have data? Also on the note of possibly changing phones now.. How comparable is the Volt to the S3? Is it an upgrade/downgrade? The S5 just seems to be outrageously priced.
    Welcome to Android Central!

Have you verified your APN settings are correct?

Sprint APN Settings 2015 | Sprint 4G LTE APN Settings
    06-17-2015 11:40 AM