Hi -

This just started happening to me 2 days ago. The other night, I charged my phone, woke up to see the green light, turned it on, and it was just fine. I happened to have used all of the phone's battery that day, so I plug it in the night before last, wake up to a green light with the "100%" battery on the screen, but when I went to turn it on later, it only read 41% battery. Last night I thought I'd try charging it again like normal, and now this morning it reads 34%.

Why would this happen so suddenly and drastically, and is there anything I can do besides buying a new battery or phone?

Thank you.
    06-15-2015 11:40 AM
    Welcome to Android Central.

What did your battery usage stats reveal after the discharge?

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-15-2015 12:03 PM
    Thank you for getting back to me - I had to register quick in order to reply back to you.

Even though I've had this phone for around 3 years, I guess I still don't know all the technical things about it. I didn't think to really check or look at anything, since I guess I don't know how. I've had the problem, too, of my battery just draining so fast at random times without me doing anything, so I've looked at the processes and what's running, but never knew how to really stop or slow down unnecessary programs in the background. I currently have my phone back on the charger - I turned it on to the 34% I mentioned, starting to look up quick answers, restarted it, then plugged it in.

I found something about "Low battery dump" and turning that on. Would that help? How do I check the usage / what should I do when I go to take it off the charger this time? I appreciate your patience with me!
    06-15-2015 01:38 PM
    Welcome as a new member.

I suggest that you charge to 100%, then use the phone normally for the day. Before you come to recharge, go to Settings, Battery, Battery Usage, and check whether anything seems abnormal. If in doubt, make a screenshot of the stats and post it here....we'll try to judge whether anything is amiss.
    It could simply be that you need a new battery, but the above would be a good place to start before diagnosing prematurely.
    The battery-dumping thing, I haven't heard of, but failing batteries can indeed suddenly lose large quantities of charge.
    B. Diddy's guide may be useful to you for the screenshotting.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...d-central.html

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-15-2015 01:52 PM
    Hi there -

Sorry I've taken quite a few days to respond back. I wanted to make sure what happened wasn't a fluke! As I wrote to you on here last time, I had my phone on the charger. I turned it on after it was done and it charged fully! I used my phone like normal over the next 2 days, and stuck it on the charger last night, and turned on my phone this evening to another full battery. I'm pleased that my phone has, for the most part, figured itself out. I hope I don't have any more problems - oddly enough, this same thing happened to me last year where it wouldn't hold a charge for a few days.

I appreciate your help and concern with all of this! If my phone decides to act up again, I'll know who to reach out to
    06-19-2015 06:35 PM