I've got a two-month old Huawei P6 with Android (not the best phone ever, I know, but good enough for me). It has a bizarre problem. The satellite gps is usually excellent, but occasionally (every few days, a week apart, a day apart; no recognizable pattern) it doesn't seem to use satellite gps. Period. It still uses the horrible 3G wireless gps, but it just stops using the other kind. Then, an indeterminate amount of time later, it comes back.
A few facts that may help:
- Restarting the phone does not help. Turning off satellite gps and back on does not help either, nor does any other method of turning it off I've found (turning off location services completely, flightmode, etc).
- I tried factory resetting the phone twice when it was new, when this occurred, and it worked after that both times, but this has been so random that might be coincidence and factory resetting isn't really an option this often.
- Other than this, I've had no problems whatsoever with the phone.
- I notice the little "aiming" icon in the top left of my phone doesn't appear when it goes through these periods. Usually it shows that symbol whenever I'm doing something that requires satellite gps (like playing Ingress, the virtual-reality game).
- Model number: Huawei P6-U06
- EmotionUI 1.6, android version 4.2.2