I've just had this installed on my phone. Does it automatically stop stuff running or do you have to do it manually like kingo? (Kingo does not work on s note 3 sm-9005)

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-15-2015 02:46 PM
    It only works on rooted phones. Is your phone rooted?
    06-15-2015 05:06 PM
    This article gives a decent rundown on SuperSU:

http://lifehacker.com/5895134/supers...u-dont-have-to

No offense, but seriously, if you have to ask about SuperSU you're not ready to use it. Do some reading first. You might avoid some grief.

Uninstall or disable apps you don't need or use, but don't kill apps or use a task killer. Just don't worry too much about that stuff.

In short, don't micromanage your phone. Don't install software that attempts to either. Let Android handle things as intended. It will automatically optimize operation if you let it.

Android since v1.0. Linux since 2001.
    06-15-2015 10:32 PM
    Many thanks for replies. I rooted my phone with supersu and paid for the free support for a year. But they tend to be too technical in their answers. Will read the link you gave me.

06-29-2015 01:26 PM
    That link is a nice basic explanation of what the SuperSU app is and does, but you really should do some research and reading about what a superuser (aka root) is, can do and the responsibilities that comes with it. Only then will you be ready to use the power of root safely. Remember, never do anything as root that can be done as a regular user.

Android forums everywhere have piles of posts from people who played fast and loose with root permissions before they knew what they were doing. Now they're pleading for help. Don't be one of them. Be smart and be careful.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.
    Sally Delyth likes this.
    06-29-2015 01:45 PM
    Many thanks for reply, you know whats coming next, by what you say it sounds like I should unroot my phone and leave well alone. Is it too late? Regards sally

06-29-2015 01:55 PM
    You just need to ask yourself if there's anything you need or want to do that requires a rooted phone. Or, if you rooted just because you wanted to experiment. I the answer to any of those is yes then you have a legitimate reason to stay rooted. If the answer to no, like the vast majority of Android users, then IMHO you should unroot and just use the phone.

It's never too late...

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.
    Sally Delyth likes this.
    06-29-2015 02:06 PM
    Many thanks for your time and help. I rooted my phone as I thought it would give me optimal use. I've had no trouble with it rooted so I think I'll leave it be. Regards sally

..... Dont look back... You're not going that way..

Crashdamage likes this.
    06-29-2015 02:36 PM
    The only thing rooting does is allow apps that need root to get it. The apps you're running before you root the phone don't behave any differently after rooting.

(And just installing SuperSU doesn't root the phone - it only controls which apps can get root [by your giving them permission].)
    06-29-2015 08:24 PM