Has Viber ruined my contacts?

A

AC Question

My contacts were transferred from a Samsung flip phone to a new Samsung Galaxy 6, a total of 56 contacts.
Two Days later I installed Viber on the new cell. The cell does not ring and my contact list is now reduced to only 4 from 56. some of the remaining 4 are now listed twice. The numbers for some of my contacts are now listed as "Viber out calling (contact number)". There is a separate sentence in the contact information saying "connected via viber".
I have no clue what is going on and plan to uninstall Viber and hopefully heave my contacts transferred once again unless someone can advise me on what to do to straighten this situation out.
Viber came recommended to me by a friend in Tokyo that uses it regularly with no problems.
Thanks in advance for an assistance.
JRGNC

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
My contacts were transferred from a Samsung flip phone to a new Samsung Galaxy 6, a total of 56 contacts.
Two Days later I installed Viber on the new cell. The cell does not ring and my contact list is now reduced to only 4 from 56. some of the remaining 4 are now listed twice. The numbers for some of my contacts are now listed as "Viber out calling (contact number)". There is a separate sentence in the contact information saying "connected via viber".
I have no clue what is going on and plan to uninstall Viber and hopefully heave my contacts transferred once again unless someone can advise me on what to do to straighten this situation out.
Viber came recommended to me by a friend in Tokyo that uses it regularly with no problems.
Thanks in advance for an assistance.
JRGNC

Welcome to Android Central!

If you synced your contacts to Google then you can probably get them back using the steps below. I would remove Viber first before you do this. Hopefully it works for you.

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/1069522?hl=en

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm