Is it possible to have the galaxy s5 screen wake up when you receive a text message, but not display the pop up text message? I would like it to just light up the screen for a few seconds and show a text message notification on the notification panel.

I just hate when the whole message pops up for anyone to see. But if I disable the popup message my screen doesn't wake up to notify me (my phone is on silent a majority of the time due to work, that's why the screen waking up would be very helpful)

Any ideas?

Thank you!
    06-16-2015 01:35 PM
    Is it possible to have the galaxy s5 screen wake up when you receive a text message, but not display the pop up text message? I would like it to just light up the screen for a few seconds and show a text message notification on the notification panel.

I just hate when the whole message pops up for anyone to see. But if I disable the popup message my screen doesn't wake up to notify me (my phone is on silent a majority of the time due to work, that's why the screen waking up would be very helpful)

Any ideas?

Thank you!
    Welcome to Android Central!

Have you updated your phone to Lollipop yet? It has a feature where you can tell it to hide sensitive content but the text notification still pops up just without the message content.
    06-19-2015 07:01 AM