On the s4 galaxy I could download a knitting pdf and have it show up in the pull down menu every.single. time until I cleared it.

On this s5 galaxy, once I click on the pdf it then disappears!! I now have to go through 5 minutes of clickINg and searching and typing In the file name and then Opening it to get it open. (P.s. autocorrect sucks on the s5. S4 was waaaaay better.)

Typing and nursing and hungry and can't move or I'll wake up the baby,
    Crankyknitter =)
    06-16-2015 04:57 PM
    On the s4 galaxy I could download a knitting pdf and have it show up in the pull down menu every.single. time until I cleared it.

On this s5 galaxy, once I click on the pdf it then disappears!! I now have to go through 5 minutes of clickINg and searching and typing In the file name and then Opening it to get it open. (P.s. autocorrect sucks on the s5. S4 was waaaaay better.)

Typing and nursing and hungry and can't move or I'll wake up the baby,
    Crankyknitter =)
    Welcome to Android Central!

You could just make a shortcut to the download folder on your home screen and that would give yo access to where the file is downloaded.

Download ES File Explorer from the play store - ES File Explorer
    Open the app, you should see the download folder, press and hold on it and then let go. It should now have a check next to it.
    Bottom right there should be a "More" option, tap it
    Towards the top of the options it should say add folder to desktop tap that.
    Exit Es File Explorer and you should now have the download folder on your home screen.
    06-19-2015 08:00 AM