I dropped my s3 on the floor since the phone (without case) is very slippery and after it fell, I immediately picked it up and pressed the power button. Once I quickly did that, I realized that the phone's home, power, and volume buttons were still working and the light for the back, menu, and top still worked. However, the screen was completely black and no matter how many times I turned it on or off or removed and placed back the battery, the screen still stayed black. I have tried almost every method possible and I am running out of solutions ...... can someone please help me?
    06-16-2015 06:53 PM
    I dropped my s3 on the floor since the phone (without case) is very slippery and after it fell, I immediately picked it up and pressed the power button. Once I quickly did that, I realized that the phone's home, power, and volume buttons were still working and the light for the back, menu, and top still worked. However, the screen was completely black and no matter how many times I turned it on or off or removed and placed back the battery, the screen still stayed black. I have tried almost every method possible and I am running out of solutions ...... can someone please help me?
    Welcome to Android Central!

It sounds like the display is either broken or the display ribbon came lose. You may need to take it to a service center to have them look at it.
    06-19-2015 08:38 AM