Why does my HTC M8 restart often?

A

AC Question

The phone thinks that the powerbutton is pressed and I get the message "Press power button and volume down button to restart" and the phone restarts else it takes a screenshot of the screen. The phone restarts when I'm on call or when I'm using the phone. The display turns on and off without me pressing the power button. Even a slight touch on the button turns on the display. :( I was wondering if anyone else found a solution for the same problem? My phone is out of the warranty period. I got it when it was released and its been more than a year. I really don't know what to do. Help me please.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
The phone thinks that the powerbutton is pressed and I get the message "Press power button and volume down button to restart" and the phone restarts else it takes a screenshot of the screen. The phone restarts when I'm on call or when I'm using the phone. The display turns on and off without me pressing the power button. Even a slight touch on the button turns on the display. :( I was wondering if anyone else found a solution for the same problem? My phone is out of the warranty period. I got it when it was released and its been more than a year. I really don't know what to do. Help me please.

Welcome to Android Central!

Does it seem like the power button is stuck? Have you tried doing a factory reset?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance