Why is my phone keep restarting every minute?

carlyr97

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
I dropped my phone in the pool. I quickly took everything out and put the battery, SIM card and phone in rice. That worked, but every minute or so the phone will keep restarting. Is it the battery that's making it do that or the phone?

Last edited:

tillerrw

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I don't recall if this phone is built similar to the Nexus 5 or not (LG made the N5). I know that the N5 has some issues with the power button getting "stuck" and causing the phone to restart often or at random times. Sometimes the problem is so bad that that phone can't finish a proper boot without the power button being pressed over and over during the boot process.

It's possible that your power button became "stuck"/damaged because of the fall.

If it continues you can contact AT&T or LG directly but unless the phone is under warranty or you have a protection plan you will have to cough up the money to fix it. I had to send in an N5 last month for a repair to the power button and it was $45 (not too bad in my opinion).

tillerrw

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
If it's anything like the problem with the N5 it would happen from time to time. It caused issues for 2-3 weeks daily and then went 2 weeks with no issues. Once the problem started up again I sent it in to get fixed. No issues since.

I can only speak from my experience with a different LG product. Your problem may not be caused by the same issue.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance