So about 5 days ago I was at a party and had my phone in my pocket when I was pushed into the pool (he didn't know I had my phone with me). I put it in rice for about a day but when I tried using the phone the battery was dead and wouldn't charge. When plugged in to the charger, it started vibrating on ~1 second intervals, with a blank screen. I was able to turn it on when I was lucky but it'd say 0% and turn off near-instantaneously. After a fair amount of checking the phone and researching, I decided to buy a new battery (it came with an external charging kit for it). Got it yesterday, and it worked - until it died. Now I'm encountering the same problems as with the old battery. It charged while on, but when it died it didn't want to un-die. Now I don't really know what to do, and I have had the phone for only two months or so. When I get home tonight or tomorrow I'll check if I can charge the batteries with the external charger and then put them into the phone. Oh, and yeah, the capacitive buttons (Back/Menu) aren't responding, though they do light up.
    Microwavable_toast likes this.
    06-18-2015 05:15 PM
    So about 5 days ago I was at a party and had my phone in my pocket when I was pushed into the pool (he didn't know I had my phone with me). I put it in rice for about a day but when I tried using the phone the battery was dead and wouldn't charge. When plugged in to the charger, it started vibrating on ~1 second intervals, with a blank screen. I was able to turn it on when I was lucky but it'd say 0% and turn off near-instantaneously. After a fair amount of checking the phone and researching, I decided to buy a new battery (it came with an external charging kit for it). Got it yesterday, and it worked - until it died. Now I'm encountering the same problems as with the old battery. It charged while on, but when it died it didn't want to un-die. Now I don't really know what to do, and I have had the phone for only two months or so. When I get home tonight or tomorrow I'll check if I can charge the batteries with the external charger and then put them into the phone. Oh, and yeah, the capacitive buttons (Back/Menu) aren't responding, though they do light up.
    Do you have insurance on the phone?
    06-18-2015 05:20 PM
    As far as I know, I do, but to be honest I'm not quite sure. Gonna call Verizon but I'm not sure if I do.
    06-18-2015 05:30 PM
    Do you have insurance on the phone?
    Not quite sure. Don't really want to pay another $100, but I may get my friend to (the one that threw me in) if I have insurance. Anyways, other than getting a new phone, I need a solution, as it's really my last resort.

EDIT: Wow. I'm horrifically bad at this forum thing right now, wasn't used to this, sorry it's so jumbled; but I'm the OP.
    06-18-2015 05:32 PM
    Oh, that's normal here.
    Welcome.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-18-2015 05:54 PM
    It seems like more internals than just your battery got messed up :-(
    06-19-2015 02:41 AM