Hi there

I have a Note 4 and finally have been able to update to 5.0.1. Ever since, apps will semi-frequently (not every occasion) forget that I set TouchWiz as my standard app when pressing the home key.

I might be using Facebook through the day, and 5 out of 10 times will get the sliding pop-up asking which app to set. I choose 'always' each time.

It has happened to a few apps - messaging apps, Facebook, my non-native text app as well as some native apps like phone or even settings.

To try and correct this, I restarted my device. The issue persisted so I have cleared the cache and pressed 'always' on Facebook the next time I got the pop-up.

I am reluctant to do a factory reset or any other drastic tests.

Any ideas?
    06-18-2015 10:59 PM
    Hi there

I have a Note 4 and finally have been able to update to 5.0.1. Ever since, apps will semi-frequently (not every occasion) forget that I set TouchWiz as my standard app when pressing the home key.

I might be using Facebook through the day, and 5 out of 10 times will get the sliding pop-up asking which app to set. I choose 'always' each time.

It has happened to a few apps - messaging apps, Facebook, my non-native text app as well as some native apps like phone or even settings.

To try and correct this, I restarted my device. The issue persisted so I have cleared the cache and pressed 'always' on Facebook the next time I got the pop-up.

I am reluctant to do a factory reset or any other drastic tests.

Any ideas?
    Welcome to Android Central!

I hate to say it but doing a factory reset will more than likely fix all your issues. I did one as soon as I received the update and have had 0 issues.
    06-19-2015 06:33 PM