I have the Samsung Galaxy s4,not too long ago I have the ne software upgrade. Before the upgrade it said I didn't have enough storage which baffled me since I don't have a lot of apps. I do have a lot of pictures and some videos, not too much music. Anyways I deleted some pictures and it had enough storage for the upgrade. After the upgrade I've noticed that my battery was draining a lot quicker. But that it not the main issue. I noticed that my device storage is very little. I wanted to check my Verizon mobile just to check my my data, well it couldn't open it because the app has a new upgrade so it tells me to download the new app upgrade. Well I went to the Google Play store to upgrade the Verizon mobile app but it wouldn't let me because I apparently don't have enough device storage. Now how do I clear this? I checked my what is taking up most of the storage and it says apps,photos,music,miscellaneous and so on,but it shows that "miscellaneous" takes up 6.56GB, I only have 455 MB on my device storage. Can someone please tell me how to clear up space. I have a memory chip in my phone but apparently its the storage on my phone not the memory card.
    06-19-2015 01:06 AM
    I have the Samsung Galaxy s4,not too long ago I have the ne software upgrade. Before the upgrade it said I didn't have enough storage which baffled me since I don't have a lot of apps. I do have a lot of pictures and some videos, not too much music. Anyways I deleted some pictures and it had enough storage for the upgrade. After the upgrade I've noticed that my battery was draining a lot quicker. But that it not the main issue. I noticed that my device storage is very little. I wanted to check my Verizon mobile just to check my my data, well it couldn't open it because the app has a new upgrade so it tells me to download the new app upgrade. Well I went to the Google Play store to upgrade the Verizon mobile app but it wouldn't let me because I apparently don't have enough device storage. Now how do I clear this? I checked my what is taking up most of the storage and it says apps,photos,music,miscellaneous and so on,but it shows that "miscellaneous" takes up 6.56GB, I only have 455 MB on my device storage. Can someone please tell me how to clear up space. I have a memory chip in my phone but apparently its the storage on my phone not the memory card.
    Hey, sorry you're having trouble with your phone . These things can be very frustrating.

Firstly, to clear up storage I would use this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ccleaner&hl=en it's called CCleaner and it's rather good. It will help you clear out a lot of extra space that apps create. It's also good at detecting when you've deleted an app, and the app itself had left leftover crud that fills your phone.

Another thing I'd recommend is one or all of the following:
    • copy your pictures to your computer, and delete them from your phone.
    • You can also move them to your PC, and then go into the camera settings (after disconnecting them from your PC) and changing where the pictures are stored. Instead of internal storage, move it to the SD card so it doesn't use any more of your non-removable storage.
    • If you like to keep backups and depending on how paranoid you are about your pictures being out there, you can use Google Photos / One Drive / Dropbox / or if you're paranoid, Sync (from Bittorrent Sync). Using these apps will backup any folders you like (like pictures).

Battery life can be helped, but have you checked to see if any specific applications are eating your battery? Go into the options and check which apps are doing so. Also, in location. On my Samsung device I had some samsung apps using my GPS all the time, so I disabled them.

After that, you could try cleaning your cache (we'll cross that road when we get there though). Or a factory reset which is ALWAYS a good idea after a major update. Some apps could be running wild...

Hope I've helped!
    06-19-2015 01:16 AM
    Can someone please tell me how to clear up space.
    Try this :open the phone app and dial *#9900#. Press the bar marked "delete dumpstate/logcat". Press "ok". Scroll down to "exit".
    Hope this helps. 😎

Yea, heavy and a bottle of bread.
    06-19-2015 02:27 AM
    After entering *#9900# on the keypad, nothing happens. Should I be hitting an "enter" button? Am I missing something? I'm not even getting an error message... it just stares at me.
    06-22-2015 01:42 PM