Why is phone not allowing me to send texts or receive calls?

A

AC Question

I have had my phone for quite some time now and for some reason call barring has been activated even without the networks input or my own, which is not allowing me to send texts messages or ring people. I can receive both texts and calls myself but i can not reciprocate. Also, a screen keeps appearing on my phone saying 'currently unavailable to download. Please try again later.' I have updated all my apps on my phone, checked if there was a system update and removed any existing downloads from my phone and still the screen keeps appearing. Has anyone had a similar problem or any advice on what i can do?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I have had my phone for quite some time now and for some reason call barring has been activated even without the networks input or my own, which is not allowing me to send texts messages or ring people. I can receive both texts and calls myself but i can not reciprocate. Also, a screen keeps appearing on my phone saying 'currently unavailable to download. Please try again later.' I have updated all my apps on my phone, checked if there was a system update and removed any existing downloads from my phone and still the screen keeps appearing. Has anyone had a similar problem or any advice on what i can do?

Welcome to Android Central!

What kind of phone is it? If you don't mind setting your phone up again I would say do a factory reset. That would clear out any nonsense on the phone that is causing the issues. I would make sure to back up all my data before you did it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781