Hi. I'm new to this forum and still trying to find my way around. I have been looking for advice on how to root my device but have not been able to find any advice on here as yet.
    I'm not very tech savvy, but have seen advice to try Towelroot (doesn't work).
    My tablet is one of those cheap budget ones - Allwinner A31. It's Kitkat 4.4.2, Quad Core, 1.2 Ghz, build date is May 2014.
    The big problem I have is that although it was advertised as 6GB internal memory, it's partitioned to a 1GB/4.5GB split with apps downloading onto the smaller section which also has the bloatware on. Ideally I would like to remove the partition to give me a larger internal memory.
    I have a 32GB SD card installed which allows me to move some apps and other storage (pics/music/books etc) but obviously not all apps.
    So: I need to either remove the partition or root the device.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks in advance.
    06-19-2015 07:27 AM
    Hi. I'm new to this forum and still trying to find my way around. I have been looking for advice on how to root my device but have not been able to find any advice on here as yet.
    I'm not very tech savvy, but have seen advice to try Towelroot (doesn't work).
    My tablet is one of those cheap budget ones - Allwinner A31. It's Kitkat 4.4.2, Quad Core, 1.2 Ghz, build date is May 2014.
    The big problem I have is that although it was advertised as 6GB internal memory, it's partitioned to a 1GB/4.5GB split with apps downloading onto the smaller section which also has the bloatware on. Ideally I would like to remove the partition to give me a larger internal memory.
    I have a 32GB SD card installed which allows me to move some apps and other storage (pics/music/books etc) but obviously not all apps.
    So: I need to either remove the partition or root the device.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks in advance.
    Welcome to Android Central!

Have you tried using FramaRoot?
    06-22-2015 07:41 AM
    I got the same problem

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-20-2015 03:21 PM