Has anyone noticed increased battery drain with a HTC One M7 and the Pebble watch?

A

AC Question

I just got a Pebble Watch (refurb from Woot) and it seems that now my M7 battery life is appreciably shorter. Of course, there are other apps on my phone continually updating or in use that could be draining it as well, but the change seems to be around the time I started using the Pebble. Perhaps it's because I have the pebble app running on my phone and "connected" even when the watch isn't nearby. Maybe the phone is increasing power to the BT antenna to try to find the Pebble when it's out of range. But this morning I went to the app and clicked to disconnect the watch and left it at home, and now the battery seems back to "normal".

Any similar experiences?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I just got a Pebble Watch (refurb from Woot) and it seems that now my M7 battery life is appreciably shorter. Of course, there are other apps on my phone continually updating or in use that could be draining it as well, but the change seems to be around the time I started using the Pebble. Perhaps it's because I have the pebble app running on my phone and "connected" even when the watch isn't nearby. Maybe the phone is increasing power to the BT antenna to try to find the Pebble when it's out of range. But this morning I went to the app and clicked to disconnect the watch and left it at home, and now the battery seems back to "normal".

Any similar experiences?

Welcome to Android Central!

Did you update your phone to Lollipop recently?

brianpoppe

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
Yes, a couple of weeks before getting the Pebble. And I do think there are some battery issues with the update, but it seemed to be exacerbated by (or coincidental to) connecting to the Pebble.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Yes, a couple of weeks before getting the Pebble. And I do think there are some battery issues with the update, but it seemed to be exacerbated by (or coincidental to) connecting to the Pebble.

I would recommend a factory reset of you phone. For some reason the updates have been causing a lot of issues with phones. I have a buddy who updated his Note 3 to Lollipop and then started having a lot of battery issues with his Moto 360. He did a factory reset and that fixed everything. I think that the update is messing up a lot of things and the only way to fix it is doing a reset.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Ok. But what gets reset during a factory reset? What am I going to have to reinstall or upload.

The phone will basically be like when you bought it and pulled it out of the box. You will need to set up your Gmail account, hopefully all your contacts on in Gmail, if not you can export them all to Gmail before you do the reset. Make sure all your photos are backed up, any downloads you might need. If you don't use Google Play Games you may lose game progress for certain games.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01