Hi,

I live in an area with very spotty cellular service. Even with Verizon, my phone keeps losing service continuously.

Anyhow, there was an update to my Verizon Samsung Note 3 a month ago, and ever since then, I've been getting these voice mail notifications even though I don't have any voice mails!

Interestingly, I only get these voice mails when I don't have service.

When I get service again, the voicemail notification is gone. But when I don't get service again, it comes back!

Since my phone is constantly gaining and losing reception, I get these voicemail notifications sometimes up to 15 times an hour! It is very annoying to say the least.

I contacted Verizon. Here were the attempted fixes
    - reset voicemail and set up like new
    - factory reset on my phone
    - switched the visual voice only

None of those fixes worked and frankly, I don't know if they know how to fix the issue, so i'm asking here.

After all the Verizon's attempts, I now get two separate voice mail notifications:
    1. Legit Verizon Visual Voicemail notification with the real # of voicemails
    2. Fake annoying Voicemail notification

The fake annoying voicemail notification, when I looked on the information was from the Phone app. It is Phone Version 5.0-N900VVRUEOB6
    The application size is 6.66MB (this is truly an app from hell)

I tried forcing it to stop.
    I tried clearing the data.
    I tried clearing the cache.

none of this worked.

I want to uncheck show notifications, but that part is greyed out.

Is there a way to just reinstall this Phone Version5.0-N900VVRUEOB6 app?

Or better yet, is there a way I can fix this issue so I can get on with my life?

Thank you so much for the help!!!!!!
    06-19-2015 12:05 PM
    Hi,

I live in an area with very spotty cellular service. Even with Verizon, my phone keeps losing service continuously.

Anyhow, there was an update to my Verizon Samsung Note 3 a month ago, and ever since then, I've been getting these voice mail notifications even though I don't have any voice mails!

Interestingly, I only get these voice mails when I don't have service.

When I get service again, the voicemail notification is gone. But when I don't get service again, it comes back!

Since my phone is constantly gaining and losing reception, I get these voicemail notifications sometimes up to 15 times an hour! It is very annoying to say the least.

I contacted Verizon. Here were the attempted fixes
    - reset voicemail and set up like new
    - factory reset on my phone
    - switched the visual voice only

None of those fixes worked and frankly, I don't know if they know how to fix the issue, so i'm asking here.

After all the Verizon's attempts, I now get two separate voice mail notifications:
    1. Legit Verizon Visual Voicemail notification with the real # of voicemails
    2. Fake annoying Voicemail notification

The fake annoying voicemail notification, when I looked on the information was from the Phone app. It is Phone Version 5.0-N900VVRUEOB6
    The application size is 6.66MB (this is truly an app from hell)

I tried forcing it to stop.
    I tried clearing the data.
    I tried clearing the cache.

none of this worked.

I want to uncheck show notifications, but that part is greyed out.

Is there a way to just reinstall this Phone Version5.0-N900VVRUEOB6 app?

Or better yet, is there a way I can fix this issue so I can get on with my life?

Thank you so much for the help!!!!!!
    Welcome to Android Central!

Has Verizon not offered you a signal boaster for your phone when you called in? It could just be some kind of network bug that is messing with your phone due to the lack of coverage.
    06-22-2015 09:19 AM