Voice Navigation doesn't work via Blue tooth

A

AC Question

Works for calls only. Google maps is checked for play directions via blue tooth, but does not do it. no problem with the old iphone 4S. Anyone know a fix?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Works for calls only. Google maps is checked for play directions via blue tooth, but does not do it. no problem with the old iphone 4S. Anyone know a fix?

Welcome to Android Central!

Go on to your bluetooth settings and make sure that your car profile has media audio checked.

Attachments

• 1434739645978.jpg
    1434739645978.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 3

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I dont have the Media option. Does it only show up when its paired with the car (ie in use?)

No it will be there if you are connected or not connected. That would mean that your car does not support media play back through bluetooth or the settings is turned off on the car radio somehow. Do you stream music through your phone to your cart radio?

mheuple

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
not music, but the google maps always worked on the Iphone4S. (my old phone) my version of lolipop is 5.02. My wife's phone does not have the option either Samsung 4S (5.01) version. It really is annoying. I have checked the setting on Google Maps etc. Everything is checked to run.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
not music, but the google maps always worked on the Iphone4S. (my old phone) my version of lolipop is 5.02. My wife's phone does not have the option either Samsung 4S (5.01) version. It really is annoying. I have checked the setting on Google Maps etc. Everything is checked to run.

It wounds like your car is not recognizing either of the phones as media devices as well as for call.

mheuple

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
Has nothing to do with the car. Its on the phones software. Car does not give me a different screen to check. If it worked on a 4 year old Iphone it should work on the brand new Samsung.