Help. I can't do a hard reset on my HTC One? Asking for Password to Decrypt Storage?

A

AC Question

Hello. I hope someone can help me. I have an HTC One. Last night it suddenly started asking for a password to decrypt storage. I never created a password. I can't get beyond this screen. The only option I was given was to factory reset. I tried to do a hard factory reset and I can't select the option. It vibrates and takes me to the fastboot menu. Help! How can I reset?

I've also tried in recovery and it says "Device CW Instal:Can't mount data."

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello. I hope someone can help me. I have an HTC One. Last night it suddenly started asking for a password to decrypt storage. I never created a password. I can't get beyond this screen. The only option I was given was to factory reset. I tried to do a hard factory reset and I can't select the option. It vibrates and takes me to the fastboot menu. Help! How can I reset?

I've also tried in recovery and it says "Device CW Instal:Can't mount data."

Welcome to Android Central!

I am not sure if you can do anything without decrypting the phone. You can try to use a factory RUU from the HTC site and see if it let's you flash the phone.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...2Fsupport%2From-downloads.html&token=-prMnl1a