Hello. I hope someone can help me. I have an HTC One. Last night it suddenly started asking for a password to decrypt storage. I never created a password. I can't get beyond this screen. The only option I was given was to factory reset. I tried to do a hard factory reset and I can't select the option. It vibrates and takes me to the fastboot menu. Help! How can I reset?

I've also tried in recovery and it says "Device CW Instal:Can't mount data."
    06-19-2015 01:51 PM
    Hello. I hope someone can help me. I have an HTC One. Last night it suddenly started asking for a password to decrypt storage. I never created a password. I can't get beyond this screen. The only option I was given was to factory reset. I tried to do a hard factory reset and I can't select the option. It vibrates and takes me to the fastboot menu. Help! How can I reset?

I've also tried in recovery and it says "Device CW Instal:Can't mount data."
    Welcome to Android Central!

I am not sure if you can do anything without decrypting the phone. You can try to use a factory RUU from the HTC site and see if it let's you flash the phone.

http://www.htc.com/us/support/rom-downloads.html
    06-19-2015 02:08 PM