Stop syncing EVERYTHING!!

A

AC Question

I hate that Google syncs everything. I search something at work and it appears on my phone. Or all my calender info shows up on my tablet. I don't want anything to sync. I like all my devices to be separate. How do I turn this off?

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Hello.

(I just happened to be searching my Google account and wondering if I originally input my correct birthday or a false one.)

You can create a new Google account for yourself and add it as a separate account on one device (for Gmail etc), while using this new account exclusively for another device by removing the current account you have on that device and replace it with the new one.
You don't have to reset AFAIK.

You can of course simply go to Accounts - Google and uncheck syncing for most items on your work device.
You can also manage your saved search history if I remember, preferably on the full desktop site where there are more options.

I was definitely like you with privacy, albeit you have different reasons.
Google finally got to me.
You are now our planet's last hope.

hubzilla

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
Open chrome. Go to settings.

Find the section in Accounts that let's you adjust sync. You can turn it off completely, or just allow it to sync certain things like bookmarks and passwords.