I have 4 Android tablets just cheap ones that the kids use, each have 8GB memory on a partitioned 4GB internal SD card, thats not a problem I can move there apps from tablet to internal SD via settings. They are running on Android 4.4.2

I have got 32GB micro SD cards for the tablets, (which they are capable of accepting) I have put 2 cards in so far and they have mounted fine. But from then on I am clueless because now both internal and external storage are called SD cards and when I down loaded an to test the memory it said external storage had insufficient file.

So do I need to root the tablets, (whatever that means) do I need to press a secret code that releases special powers of external storage or am I just a lost cause for all tablets.
    06-20-2015 02:49 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! It sounds like those tablets use an older way of partitioning Internal Storage, where the onboard storage is divided into a smaller App Storage partition (where all apps are installed) and a larger "Internal SD" that acts like an SD card (but isn't removable). So if you insert an external SD card, you'd then see an "Internal SD" and an "External SD." Devices like this usually only allow you to move an app to the Internal SD (and moving an app means only moving a portion of it). See this guide for more info: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...-warnings.html
    06-21-2015 10:41 AM