WHy is my hotspot not allowing browsing?

A

AC Question

My S5 is playing up with my New MacBook Pro. It was flawlessly working as a Wireless Hotspot for the MacBook for a couple of months now but as of last week I went to use it and this is what it does:.

Turn on Hotspot mode
Connect MacBook to AndroidAP
S5 shows 1 Connected device
MacBook shows connection to AndroidAP
Cannot browse to websites or retrieve Email

This happens all the time now. I can confirm that the S5 can retrieve Email and browse websites during this time so it is not an issue with Internet Access.

I tried hooking onto a colleagues Hotspot as he also has an S5.....I get the same issue where I cannot browse sites or retrieve Email. So then I thought maybe it was a Mac issue so a 3rd colleague who also had his S5 at work let me hook onto his Hotspot. Everything worked as normal.

We have ALL recently upgraded to Lollipop.....so that rules Lollipop as the issue.

When I got home I tried using the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4G's hotspot feature and my MacBook works fine with that and then immediately switched to my S5 again to test again.....but still will not work.

So basically MY S5 refuses to allow my MacBook access to the internet.

I unfortunately have no other laptops to be able to check if they will connect and browse using my S5.