Is there a 1x1 Widget to launch a Gallery Photo full screen?

A

AC Question

On my much older Android (HTC Mytouch 4G) it was possible to create a 1x1 desktop widget that would then open a gallery photo full screen.

Now I'm on an LG g3, and this feature is no longer part of the OS.

I've looked at hundreds of widgets in the Play Store, but this simple feature seems to be missing, or I'm overlooking something obvious.

There is ONE widget in the PlayStore called "Photo&Launcher Widget" by Nya-su that does EXACTLY what I want....but it won't run properly on my LG g3 (after creating the 1x1 icon and selecting it from the home screen, it launches to Gallery and opens a 'black' page, not the selected photo...and I tried both the regular and the legacy modes).

Is there another way to do this? Thanks

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
If you just want to create a shortcut to open a photo the best way could be using a file explorer. I use ES.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ls?id=com.estrongs.android.pop&token=GX5kNYDM

Open it, find the photo, long press on it, tap on the three dots bottom right and select add to desktop.

If you took that photo with your phone it will be under DCIM/Camera. Let us know if you have problems with this process or finding your pic.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz