I am having Samsung galaxy S2 having 1 GB ram and 1.2 Dual core Processor. Currently I am having 4.1.2. It is giving an option for software update. I want to does newer android version make my phone run faster or slower? and should I update my phone with this Ram and processor because I don't want my phone to run slower or allow the newer version eat up more resources?
    06-21-2015 02:21 AM
    Update is updating firmware and system apps. It won't change your android version unless it says in the update.You don't have to update your phone if you don't want to. In fact it is best to update phone if you have issues with it. I have a Lenovo A536 (battery indicator issue) and I updated it. When I powered it on I saw some of the system apps were updated. It won't eat up more resources don't worry about that. If you want to update you have to have a SD card. The update will be downloaded there. As I said before if you have issues with it you should update to fix them. If not you don't have to update. Updates sometimes CAN slow down phones. So it's up to you.

Hope I helped.
    06-21-2015 03:30 AM