Should i upgrade to a new phone?

A

AC Question

I've had my Moto G (1st generation) for about a year now and it's really annoying. The screen is shattered across the whole body ( the display still works). The phone is really slow. The battery barely lasts a few hours and the phone takes hours to charge. Should i upgrade to the Oneplus One? Any suggestions? Should i upgrade?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.

Was your particular specimen of the G ever a good performer, or has it always been troublesome? The G is notable for its excellent specs and performance for a low price, so either yours has been a duff specimen, or it's had some hard treatment.

Posted via the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I would recommend a heavy duty case and tempered glass screen protector on any phone you choose. If you have a tight budget, I have seen the g2 new for $150 on sale, and having had both, the g2 is way better. Another option is the zf2 which is $200 for the base model. I have the more expensive model with more ram, internal memory, and a slightly faster cpu but for those on a budget could live with the base model. The opo isn't a bad choice, and the Moto X 2014 has been on sale for $300 before

Sent from my Verizon LG G4

Last edited:

vrael101

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Somewhere around May ( i bought it a year ago) the battery just seemed to be draining really fast, I cracked the screen really badly and it just became slow. Should i upgrade? My budget is 300$.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze