I have just started using my HTC ONE M9 phone and noticed that under Android version 5.0.2 there is no option under Security to add owner information while the screen is locked. I did this with previous Android versions.

However, when phone is lost, it is good to have owner info and other contact number for the good Samaritan to contact the owner.

Have they done without this feature on Android 5.0.2? If they have, is there a way of adding personal info on the locked screen?

Appreciate any input.

Thank you.
    06-21-2015 07:38 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Is it in the Settings>Lock Screen​ menu?
    06-21-2015 08:05 AM
    On older versions of Android, it is in Settings/Lockscreen/Owner information, but on Android 5.0.2 I dont get Lock screen option under Settings. They are bundled under Settings/Security but with no option to add owner information where I would say e.g. when device found, please contact xyz

Is the latest Android OS devoid of this feature?
    06-21-2015 03:57 PM
    I know for sure it's still under Settings>Security on the Nexus 7 running 5.1.1, so it hasn't been eliminated completely in vanilla Android. But of course, manufacturers can always tinker with it, and change where it shows up (or take it away). I wish I had an M9 so I could check for you--let's see if anyone else can tell us.
    06-21-2015 05:29 PM
    On older versions of Android, it is in Settings/Lockscreen/Owner information, but on Android 5.0.2 I dont get Lock screen option under Settings. They are bundled under Settings/Security but with no option to add owner information where I would say e.g. when device found, please contact xyz

Is the latest Android OS devoid of this feature?
    HTC more than likely removed the feature.

Try this below.

Settings - Personal - Lock screen and security - Show information - Owner information. -
    06-21-2015 06:20 PM
    Settings - Personal - Lock screen and security - Show information - Owner information. -
    I did look under Settings/Personalise and there is nothing about locking screen or Security. This is really annoying me now, as I saw a case of a lost phone at the gym and there was no way of contacting the owner or who the phone belonged to. I have that feature on my previous Samsung phones under Android 4.4.
    I feel this is more like an Android thing rather than HTC disabling that feature.

Do you agree?

thank you very much.
    06-22-2015 04:57 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Is it in the Settings>Lock Screen​ menu?
    It is supposed to be under the older Android systems, but in this one that I have 5.0.2 there is no Owner information which is usually under Settings/Lock Screen....... right at the bottom >>> Owner information where you can type a message to anyone who finds the phone...
    06-22-2015 05:00 AM
    I know for sure it's still under Settings>Security on the Nexus 7 running 5.1.1, so it hasn't been eliminated completely in vanilla Android. But of course, manufacturers can always tinker with it, and change where it shows up (or take it away). I wish I had an M9 so I could check for you--let's see if anyone else can tell us.
    thank you very much Diddy.
    06-22-2015 01:58 PM