Galaxy S4 keyboard is blocking the lock screen so I can't do my swipe pattern to open

A

AC Question

Can't get onto my phone because the keyboard appears on the lock screen and blocks the swipe pattern grid.

Recently updated Lollipop.

Also, recently visited a "questionable" website. Virus possible?

What to do?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Can't get onto my phone because the keyboard appears on the lock screen and blocks the swipe pattern grid.

Recently updated Lollipop.

Also, recently visited a "questionable" website. Virus possible?

What to do?

Welcome to Android Central!

Try going to the Android Device Manager site and unlocking it from there. You will have to hit lock then unlock.

https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager

jplugis

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Thanks but I can also pull the battery or do a restart and it goes away.

The problem is that it keeps happening and I don't want to be shutting down
my phone 10 times a day when I'm in the middle of something

And it's hasn't always been the keyboard doing the blocking.
The first time it happened it was blocked by a partial image from Words wit Friends.

Any other thoughts? Thanks.

ron spence

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
This is happening to me as well. Coincided with the Lollipop update. My only solution (such as it is) has been to make sure my keyboard is not visible every time I put my phone down so that it (the keyboard) isn't active to block the unlock keypad. Very frustrating.

ninjasmom

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. I Have tried changing keyboard apps, text apps, etc., and it still happens. I, also have to try to remember to not have my keyboard showing before my screen times out (happens when keyboard is open for any app-text, Facebook, etc.). Very frustrated. Hoping not to do a factory reset.