So, I'm getting more into android, and found out you could use an otg cable for a vast array of things, be it mouse, keyboard, flash drive, etc., but one thing in particular sparked my curiosity: has anyone ever connected a DVD/Bluray drive to an android device for whatever reason, or is it possible/in the works? The concept of connecting a DVD drive to a phone to play music, games (pc, xbox, psx), etc. seems quite possible with how far technology is coming, all it would take is a tech savvy group of designers geared towards pushing emulation to the pinnacle lol. Let me know if there's anything happening in that aspect.
    06-21-2015 04:06 PM
    So, I'm getting more into android, and found out you could use an otg cable for a vast array of things, be it mouse, keyboard, flash drive, etc., but one thing in particular sparked my curiosity: has anyone ever connected a DVD/Bluray drive to an android device for whatever reason, or is it possible/in the works? The concept of connecting a DVD drive to a phone to play music, games (pc, xbox, psx), etc. seems quite possible with how far technology is coming, all it would take is a tech savvy group of designers geared towards pushing emulation to the pinnacle lol. Let me know if there's anything happening in that aspect.
    Welcome to Android Central!

I would imagine it would be possible if the DVD drive was powered by another source. The question would be why would you want to do it? Using a flash or solid state storage would be faster with read and write times.
    06-24-2015 07:24 AM