What needs to be repaired and best way to do it?

A

AC Question

I've had my galaxy s4 mini for years now and I've run into slme troubl. Recently the screen had cracked after falling out of my pocket. I decided to attempt repair myself and fix it on my own. I did some research and decided to attempt repair on my own. So I ordered the kit by Eco-Fused and proceeded to slend my time looking up as many tutorials as possible. After my kit arrived I payed very close attention to do as instructed for replacing just the glass. So after struggling I couldn't get the glass tomrise a bit at all. So I used a heat gun instead of my hair dryer. After heating it for awhile the screen still wouldn't let me under so I attempted to see if anything had changed. After powering on my phone I see that the screen now has a small burn mark (that hasn't affected it's functions at all) and the glue still hasn't budged, not even alittle. My question is what has been damaged and whats the best way to go about fixing my phone now?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I've had my galaxy s4 mini for years now and I've run into slme troubl. Recently the screen had cracked after falling out of my pocket. I decided to attempt repair myself and fix it on my own. I did some research and decided to attempt repair on my own. So I ordered the kit by Eco-Fused and proceeded to slend my time looking up as many tutorials as possible. After my kit arrived I payed very close attention to do as instructed for replacing just the glass. So after struggling I couldn't get the glass tomrise a bit at all. So I used a heat gun instead of my hair dryer. After heating it for awhile the screen still wouldn't let me under so I attempted to see if anything had changed. After powering on my phone I see that the screen now has a small burn mark (that hasn't affected it's functions at all) and the glue still hasn't budged, not even alittle. My question is what has been damaged and whats the best way to go about fixing my phone now?

Welcome to Android Central!

What color is the mark blue or black? You may have damaged the actual screen itself. Is there anyway you could post a picture of it?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jsmith786x