Just got this AT&T Galaxy S4 that came with KitKat 4.4.4.. Download of update which I assume is Lollipop (near 1GB in size-listed as Software Update) starts automatically.. I've turned off Wi-Fi to stop this, but reconnecting immediatly starts the download again.

I've looked all over including other post on this fourm and have yet to find a solution that works for me.

What I've tried (Remember this is an AT&T S4)

After turning wifi off, I went into app manager and killed the update software then re-connected, it started automatically again

Went into About Device- Software Update and the only options I have there is Check or continue update. If I click on Check it says 1 is available and will beging once WiFi is connected.

I DO NOT HAVE the option to turn off these auto updates as others have said they do in above menu. No options to decline whats-so-ever..

Havent heard good things about Lollipop, the theme of it strains my eyes, and it seems slower than KitKat.. I also want to root my phone to get rid of the massive amount of bloatware but... Yet to find a guide for my phone specifically yet.

Anyone know how to stop these updates without rooting please let me know how.. And if the only way I can is by rooting, link me to a guide showing how. My phone is AT&T S4 SGH-1337 4.4.4 kitkat
    06-21-2015 06:26 PM
    Just got this AT&T Galaxy S4 that came with KitKat 4.4.4.. Download of update which I assume is Lollipop (near 1GB in size-listed as Software Update) starts automatically.. I've turned off Wi-Fi to stop this, but reconnecting immediatly starts the download again.

I've looked all over including other post on this fourm and have yet to find a solution that works for me.

What I've tried (Remember this is an AT&T S4)

After turning wifi off, I went into app manager and killed the update software then re-connected, it started automatically again

Went into About Device- Software Update and the only options I have there is Check or continue update. If I click on Check it says 1 is available and will beging once WiFi is connected.

I DO NOT HAVE the option to turn off these auto updates as others have said they do in above menu. No options to decline whats-so-ever..

Havent heard good things about Lollipop, the theme of it strains my eyes, and it seems slower than KitKat.. I also want to root my phone to get rid of the massive amount of bloatware but... Yet to find a guide for my phone specifically yet.

Anyone know how to stop these updates without rooting please let me know how.. And if the only way I can is by rooting, link me to a guide showing how. My phone is AT&T S4 SGH-1337 4.4.4 kitkat
    Welcome to Android Central!

Give this thread a look, seems like some people have gotten it to work with MotoChopper.

[ROOT] Root Samsung Galaxy S4 with Motochopp… | AT&T, Canadian Bell, Rogers, Telus, Virgin Samsung Galaxy S 4 | XDA Forums
    06-24-2015 08:22 AM