I have a Samsung Galaxy S5, and my contacts list has been saying "updating contacts" for the last several hours. I went into my messages and instead of displaying the person's name and picture, it just has their phone number. At the same time the phone started telling me there was not enough memory left to receive a text message. I deleted all photos, voicemails and downloaded documents. I think Lollipop has been installed or has been trying to install itself but I'm not sure... Can anyone help? Thank
    you...
    06-21-2015 09:49 PM
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S5, and my contacts list has been saying "updating contacts" for the last several hours. I went into my messages and instead of displaying the person's name and picture, it just has their phone number. At the same time the phone started telling me there was not enough memory left to receive a text message. I deleted all photos, voicemails and downloaded documents. I think Lollipop has been installed or has been trying to install itself but I'm not sure... Can anyone help? Thank
    you...
    Welcome to Android Central!

If you have updated to Lollipop you might want to boot in to recovery and clear the cache partition. That might help with the issues you are having. If that does not work then you might want to do a factory reset. Make sure you back up all your data if you decide to do the factory reset.

To wipe the cache partition, follow these steps:

Turn off the device.
    Press and hold the following three buttons at the same time:
    Volume Up key
    Home key
    Power key
    When the phone vibrates, let go of the Power key but continue to press and hold the Volume Up key and theHome key.
    When the Android System Recovery screen appears, release the Volume Up and Home keys.
    Press the Volume Down key to highlight 'wipe cache partition.'
    Press the Power key to select.
    When the wipe cache partition is complete, 'Reboot system now' is highlighted.
    Press the Power key to restart the device.
    06-24-2015 10:56 AM
    I've been having a similar problem. I have a T-Mobile, Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900T) and I just updated to Android 5.1.1 this afternoon. However, since I updated, I have been unable to view my contacts. When I select the "Contacts" app, I am presented with a screen that says "Updating contact list..." and the rotating circle. Attached is an image of what that screen looks like. I wiped the cache partition as you suggested, though that has not seemed to solve the problem. Contacts screen says " Updating contacts-screenshot_2015-06-28-18-52-05.jpg
    06-28-2015 05:58 PM
    i have the same problem "updating contact list" since 2 days now

i deleted and re signed my email adress in both google and samsung accounts but it didnt fix the problem !
    10-27-2015 03:42 PM
    t 'wipe cache partition.'
    didnt fix it
    10-27-2015 04:13 PM