Have turned off individual text notification tone for my son and turned it back on--sound plays correctly in that setting window--but when he texts me, I only get one long vibration which is the same thing I get for any of my contacts trying to text me no matter what sound they are set for. I turned off the 'vibrate' setting in text settings at which point I got NO notification when anyone texted me though their contact settings show individualized tone settings. I have turned the phone off and turned it back on.
    06-22-2015 01:04 AM
    Have turned off individual text notification tone for my son and turned it back on--sound plays correctly in that setting window--but when he texts me, I only get one long vibration which is the same thing I get for any of my contacts trying to text me no matter what sound they are set for. I turned off the 'vibrate' setting in text settings at which point I got NO notification when anyone texted me though their contact settings show individualized tone settings. I have turned the phone off and turned it back on.
    Welcome to Android Central!

Try going in and clearing the partition cache in recovery.

To wipe the cache partition, follow these steps:

Turn the device off.
    Press and hold the following three buttons at the same time:
    Volume Up key
    Home key
    Power key.
    When the phone vibrates, release the Power and Home key but continue to press and hold the Volume Up key.
    Continue holding the Volume Up key until the Android System Recovery menu displays and then release. This step may take several seconds.
    Press the Volume Down key to highlight 'wipe cache partition.'
    Press the Power key to select.
    When the wipe cache partition is complete, 'Reboot system now' is highlighted.
    Press the Power key to restart the device.
    06-24-2015 11:40 AM