Hi, I'm looking to buy a new smartphone, but for the life of me, I can't decide between the LG G4 and Samsung Galaxy S6.

With the samsung, wireless charging and fingerprint scanners are not a necessity for me, but it does add to the value and future proof the phone. I've tried out the S6 in a verizon store and I must say that I feel the screen is better on the S6 compared to the G4. The viewing angles on the S6 are wider and video performance seems a little bit more crisp. In regards to the camera, both seem good enough for my needs. As for the user interface, I wasn't really impressed with the G4 because I'm not used to it. (I'm coming from HTC Rezound running on sense). The samsung seemed more palatable, but only because my brother has a Galaxy S4 and I use his sometimes.

Now, this may make me seem real noobish but the first time I went to verizon to get a feel for the phones, I thought the LG G4 didn't have power or volume buttons. My second trip back to the store and I realized they are on the back. A lot of people praise this. Can anyone give me their own feedback on this button placement. Do you get used to it and is it advantageous.

Overall, I feel that both phones are definitely flagship devices that should be in everybody's consideration for current smartphones. I tend to feel that the S6 is the more premium device, but the 64GB version that I want is $150 more than the G4. Now, I will be getting a $150 coupon for new edge customers so that'll cancel some of the cost. But, is the G4 the better value considering I can use a microSD slot and removable battery when the time comes?

Here is the cost (I will be on the edge program):

Lg G4 Black Leather- $549-$150(coupon) = $400

Samsung Galaxy S6 64Gb - $699 - $150(coupon) = $550

I'd like to hear some people's experiences and opinion on this matter - especially in regards to both phone's features and how they compare to each other when used.
    06-22-2015 01:06 AM
    Hi, I'm looking to buy a new smartphone, but for the life of me, I can't decide between the LG G4 and Samsung Galaxy S6.

With the samsung, wireless charging and fingerprint scanners are not a necessity for me, but it does add to the value and future proof the phone. I've tried out the S6 in a verizon store and I must say that I feel the screen is better on the S6 compared to the G4. The viewing angles on the S6 are wider and video performance seems a little bit more crisp. In regards to the camera, both seem good enough for my needs. As for the user interface, I wasn't really impressed with the G4 because I'm not used to it. (I'm coming from HTC Rezound running on sense). The samsung seemed more palatable, but only because my brother has a Galaxy S4 and I use his sometimes.

Now, this may make me seem real noobish but the first time I went to verizon to get a feel for the phones, I thought the LG G4 didn't have power or volume buttons. My second trip back to the store and I realized they are on the back. A lot of people praise this. Can anyone give me their own feedback on this button placement. Do you get used to it and is it advantageous.

Overall, I feel that both phones are definitely flagship devices that should be in everybody's consideration for current smartphones. I tend to feel that the S6 is the more premium device, but the 64GB version that I want is $150 more than the G4. Now, I will be getting a $150 coupon for new edge customers so that'll cancel some of the cost. But, is the G4 the better value considering I can use a microSD slot and removable battery when the time comes?

Here is the cost (I will be on the edge program):

Lg G4 Black Leather- $549-$150(coupon) = $400

Samsung Galaxy S6 64Gb - $699 - $150(coupon) = $550

I'd like to hear some people's experiences and opinion on this matter - especially in regards to both phone's features and how they compare to each other when used.
    Welcome to Android Central!

Both are great phones and have plus and cons to them both. The best thing to do is go to the store and mess around with them both. See which one you like the most.
    06-24-2015 11:42 AM