After updating my Moto X 2nd gen to Android 5.1, the lowest brightness is not dim..After updating to 5.1 I noticed the screen was brighter than usual, so I tried to change it, but it just dimmed a little, and after certain point it just stopped decreasing, but still was not as dark as it was before..Brightness just stops decreasing for the last 25%..because of this..its really annoying to look at phone when its dark,since huge brightness hurts the eyes in the dark.. Anyone experiencing this?? If so..is there any solution..please resolve..

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-22-2015 04:53 PM
    After updating my Moto X 2nd gen to Android 5.1, the lowest brightness is not dim..After updating to 5.1 I noticed the screen was brighter than usual, so I tried to change it, but it just dimmed a little, and after certain point it just stopped decreasing, but still was not as dark as it was before..Brightness just stops decreasing for the last 25%..because of this..its really annoying to look at phone when its dark,since huge brightness hurts the eyes in the dark.. Anyone experiencing this?? If so..is there any solution..please resolve..

Welcome to Android Central!

Check out the app called Lux on the Play Store. It's a great app that gives you a lot of options for your brightness. I have used it for a long time.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d=com.vito.lux
    Saurav Biswas likes this.
    06-22-2015 05:49 PM
    Yeah I've been facing the same problem too after the 5.1 update. Looks like it's definitely a brightness adjustment bug on the Moto X 2014. Hopefully it'll be fixed in the next software update... In the meantime, making do with Lux lite.

06-25-2015 03:03 PM