What is the best updated way to restrict google setvice to wifi only?

A

AC Question

I have been using My Data Manager App and it shows me that over 50% of my mobile data is OS Services. I did some research and I believe that is com.google.android.gms.

There are threads from 2014 that suggest using different firewall apps to restrict services. I am looking for something simpler, elegant. I have heard of tasker. Can this be used without rooting device?

What is your opinion?

Thankyou

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I have been using My Data Manager App and it shows me that over 50% of my mobile data is OS Services. I did some research and I believe that is com.google.android.gms.

There are threads from 2014 that suggest using different firewall apps to restrict services. I am looking for something simpler, elegant. I have heard of tasker. Can this be used without rooting device?

What is your opinion?

Thankyou

Welcome to Android Central!

I am not sure you can do that without being rooted. You can give an app called Greenify a try, it hibernates apps automatically. You have to in to the settings of the app and enable it to force stop system apps.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...d=com.oasisfeng.greenify&hl=en&token=FkwkQLpt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs