In-App updates won't work.

GodsMalak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I have an S3 that's having issues with in-app updates. I can download apps and app updates from the Play store, but the updates within apps fail.
Any guidance on this would be great!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Can you explain in more detail what you mean by in-app updates? Do you mean apps refreshing or syncing their data with their own server?

GodsMalak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Some examples would be...
I have the Bible app on my phone. It has offline versions within that you can download. They always fail.
I have Firefox for my browser. Any download I attempt through that fails.
I have the Toneprint app from TC Electronics. It has updates for the different pedals, they fail.
Also... using an app called Circleback, an app that manages contacts, I get random network error notifications from this specific app.
I've check my network, and everything tests out fine. So I know I'm not just dropping connection. I've tried a few options that people have suggested for the errors I've read that state people can't even download the apps or updates from Google Play, but that hasn't fixed it either.

Last edited:

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I couldn't find an app called circle back. The tone print was updated for the last time on January 2013 and there are many reviews saying that's not working as it was. Maybe they were kind of abandoned by the devs.

GodsMalak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I figured that may be the case with the TonePrint app.
The issue still persists in Firefox, Circleback, Bible and Bible for Kids though.
I've yet to notice the issue in any other apps I'm running.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12