So, I have my email notifications turned to silent (all modes). I have my text message notifications customized (exactly like I want it). How can I turn my app (games, etc) notifications off? IE. When I put my phone on vibrate, my apps vibrate when something pops up. I don't want them to vibrate. I want all other apps to be silent while on vibrate and/or silent mode.

SO:
    When sound is on i want:
    Ringer to sound (check)
    Texts to sound (check)
    Apps to sound but totally separate sound than texts (plays same sound as text . . . can't figure out how to change this)
    Email silent (check)

When vibrate is on i want
    Ringer to vibrate with no sound (check)
    text to vibrate (check)
    apps silent with no vibrate (all apps vibrate)
    email silent (check)

When on silent I want
    ALL SILENT (check)

ALL of this was possible on my NOTE 3 (t-mobile if that makes a difference). I find it hard to believe that the options were there on the NOTE 3 and NOT the NOTE 4 . . . so, can anyone help me?
    06-23-2015 01:07 PM
    So, I have my email notifications turned to silent (all modes). I have my text message notifications customized (exactly like I want it). How can I turn my app (games, etc) notifications off? IE. When I put my phone on vibrate, my apps vibrate when something pops up. I don't want them to vibrate. I want all other apps to be silent while on vibrate and/or silent mode.

SO:
    When sound is on i want:
    Ringer to sound (check)
    Texts to sound (check)
    Apps to sound but totally separate sound than texts (plays same sound as text . . . can't figure out how to change this)
    Email silent (check)

When vibrate is on i want
    Ringer to vibrate with no sound (check)
    text to vibrate (check)
    apps silent with no vibrate (all apps vibrate)
    email silent (check)

When on silent I want
    ALL SILENT (check)

ALL of this was possible on my NOTE 3 (t-mobile if that makes a difference). I find it hard to believe that the options were there on the NOTE 3 and NOT the NOTE 4 . . . so, can anyone help me?
    Welcome to Android Central!

Have you gone in to the individual app settings and changed their notification setting. Each app has its own settings that you can change.
    06-26-2015 11:44 AM