What's keeping my phone awake so much?

A

AC Question

I have the Galaxy S5 Verizon. I updated it to Lollipop 5.0 a few months back. Right after the update, I noticed my phone was staying awake and eating my battery. I would have to charge it 2-3 times A DAY. That is NOT what was advertised to me!
Shortly after, I found that a google app was keeping my phone awake. So I disabled it and my battery extended greatly.
But, now, it's happening again. 50% eaten in just under 2 hours with minimal usage.
I can't seem to recall how to see what apps are keeping my phone awake, and I haven't noticed or downloaded anything out of the ordinary lately.

Can anyone tell me what may be causing it?
I would prefer not to have to factory reset my phone, as I have a lot of pictures, music, and apps that I need.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I have the Galaxy S5 Verizon. I updated it to Lollipop 5.0 a few months back. Right after the update, I noticed my phone was staying awake and eating my battery. I would have to charge it 2-3 times A DAY. That is NOT what was advertised to me!
Shortly after, I found that a google app was keeping my phone awake. So I disabled it and my battery extended greatly.
But, now, it's happening again. 50% eaten in just under 2 hours with minimal usage.
I can't seem to recall how to see what apps are keeping my phone awake, and I haven't noticed or downloaded anything out of the ordinary lately.

Can anyone tell me what may be causing it?
I would prefer not to have to factory reset my phone, as I have a lot of pictures, music, and apps that I need.

Welcome to Android Central!

You can try booting in to recovery and clearing out the partition cache to see if that fixes it. If it doesn't a factory reset will. The update to Lollipop has been a really rough one for a lot of devices. Most to all issues are resolved after a factory reset. You can easily back up your photos to Google Photos they give you unlimited storage back up to your Gmail account. The rest of the data you can just move to your PC and put back after you reset.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ogle.android.apps.photos&hl=en&token=JI5tftDT

To wipe the cache partition, follow these steps:

1. Turn the device off.
2. Press and hold the following three buttons at the same time:Volume Up key, Home key, and then Power key.
3. When the phone vibrates, release the Power and Home key but continue to press and hold the Volume Up key.
4. Continue holding the Volume Up key until the Android System Recovery menu displays and then release. This step may take several seconds.
5. Press the Volume Down key to highlight 'wipe cache partition.'
6. Press the Power key to select.
7. When the wipe cache partition is complete, 'Reboot system now' is highlighted.
8. Press the Power key to restart the device.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513